Thursday 16 June 2011

Lolita 30 ~ Day 6 ~ Lolita Necessities

Moved out of my Bath home yesterday so I missed a day. Bit of an odd one this, I wouldn't say I couldn't live without anything in lolita...but I'll try to come up with 10 things!


Day 6 – 10 things you can’t live without in lolita.

1. Petticoat. It makes lolita lolita, and anyone who says otherwise would be hard pushed to change my mind!

2. Bloomers. I always wear bloomers with lolita and very often wear them with non-lolita dresses and skirts if shorts would show through. Don't want my plump posterior showing to anyone (not by accident, anyway!).

3. Feeling comfortable in my own skin. It's pretty scary some days being out in lolita alone.

4. The people I've met through lolita! They inspire me and I'd feel really alone without them as it's great to know there are people out there with the same interests and tastes as I do.

5. Cute prints. Mentioned them before, but here they are again =P

6. My favourite brands!

7. Kamikaze Girls/Shimotsuma Monogatari. I didn't watch or read it for a while after beginning my lolita journey, but the film and book have become firm favourites and it cheers me up any day.

8. My black Angelic Pretty bag. I use it all the time and it goes with pretty much everything!

9. Long nails. I always have my nails long anyway, but since my glasses hide my make-up and I am totally fail at doing my hair, they are the only bit of my cosmetic appearance that can be made to look lolita.

10. The Internet! It is the gateway to knowledge and friendships and a lot more besides.

No comments:

Post a Comment