Monday 23 April 2012

Wardrobe Spotlight: Swan Lake


I'm sure we all have that one piece that stood out to us when we were first discovering lolita. I had been aware of lolita for some time, but had only seen old-school sweet which, while cute, didn't really capture my attention (or rather, my wallet) too much.

But then, in 2008, there was Metamorphose's Swan Lake.



The first print I ever saw, and I fell in love with it! I love the high-waist skirt in black the most, but after searching for a long time I never found any in black. Well, that isn't true - I found a black JSK on an auction site, but my bids were blocked by the seller as they didn't want it to go to a foreigner! But then I found this one, the pink OP, for 4000yen. Even though I don't very much like OPs and the collar and sleeves are missing, I couldn't miss out on an opportunity to own my first dream print!


So here it is! There's a slight built-in petti, and lace-less shirring on the back. The tulle accents give it a princessy feel!


All of the bows are detachable. I prefer it with them on, but the pintucks mean there is still enough detail to get away with taking them off. The fabric seems a little worn (probably just from age) but it's soft and the print is bold. The waist-ties are detachable and held on by two fabric-covered buttons. A waist-tie is long enough for me to use as a belt, which is handy for my salopettes as they need drawing in and I don't own a real belt in any colour other than black.


Ribbon accents on the sleeves! It doesn't seem like they actually hold the sleeves tight though which is a shame, as it means I can't loosen them! Since I don't have the full sleeves I might remove all the buttons since they dig into my arm, but I think I might have to cut the elastic too as the sleeves are so tight that I'm in pain when I wear the dress at the moment! Which is odd as I thought Metamorphose was good for the slightly plus-sized lolitas...and I'm not plus-sized.


Those swans! There should be more bird prints in lolita.


And of course the headbow which came with it. I love the pearls <3

I hope I can figure out a good coord with it soon...I have reservations because I'm so used to wearing JSKs. And let's face it, it is a really tacky dress!

So that's it for another wardrobe spotlight! Let me know if there are any pieces you'd like me to feature =]

1 comment:

  1. awwwwwwwwwwww omggggg this dress is just fabulous,love this print <3

    ReplyDelete