Saturday 24 March 2012

Body Confidence

At the moment I am, probably for the first time, happy with the way I look. Despite being the heaviest I've ever been and the fact that my face has started to betray my age.

I know I have flaws (various wobbly bits, not the best skin...and yes, I will always be on the short side), but I accept them. I'm fine with it. I know I'm not the prettiest, but I'm not the ugliest either =P And finally I am able to wear short shorts and not worry about my thighs, and I can even wear tops which show my stomach. Finally, I am free to wear what I want, and feel fabulous doing it!

I do want to find exercises I enjoy, but that's just to improve my fitness. I don't really want to change my body at all anymore.


The only thing I don't like about my body?

Other people's reactions to it.

Now, it's not that I care what they think. I just feel a little uncomfortable when I'm walking down the street on a hot day wearing shorts, and practically every bloke I walk past stares at my legs. And then there are the comments some of them make. I am a human being, stop trying to objectify me =/ And I'm trying to keep cool on a hot day, I do NOT want the attention of sleazy douchebags!

And then the occasional woman will glare at me enviously too, like how dare someone have thinner legs than me! How dare someone be okay with their body! Or a group of girls will talk behind their hands, saying goodness knows what.

If people minded their own damned business, maybe they'd be a little happier with themselves as well! Don't bring me down too Dx Go away!

I guess it isn't something that's ever going to change, but it's just really annoying *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment