Wednesday 22 October 2014

Afternoon Tea

It was Monika's birthday on Saturday, and I thankfully managed to get the time off from work to attend her birthday party!

We attended the Hotel du Vin in Bristol for an afternoon tea party.


The venue was tucked away so I had never even noticed it before despite walking past it many times. There were lots of odd horse photos, but was a lovely fancy yet rustic venue. We had the whole first floor to ourselves with a huge wooden table on one side and lots of little sofas on the other. Very cosy!


I finally got to wear Juliette et Justine's La Bibliothèque, along with the Grimoire tights I won at Revelry. People kept mistaking the tights for tattoos though, somehow. Terrible photo though!


The afternoon tea consisted of a trio of cute little sandwiches, a plain scone with jam and clotted cream, a walnut brownie, and a strawberry-topped cake each. And lots of tea, of course!


We had to ask for different sandwiches as the original ones weren't all veggie (egg mayo, salmon, ham), so I ended up with cucumber, cheese and pickle, and egg mayo. Yum!


CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE!


I really should have taken more photos as it was a lot of fun! I also got to meet some great new people which is always good. I didn't get photos of others... ...I only took a video.

Afterwards we went to the pub for nachos and a pint.

Lastly, a photo of the card I made for Monika featuring my take on Innocent World's Lotta.


I really want to get more painting practise in as I'm really no good at it yet! But the only way is up.

No comments:

Post a Comment