Sunday 24 February 2013

Lolita 52 Challenge: Week 8

~ Why don't I wear Lolita more often? ~
  • It takes effort. Planning a coord, putting all the layers on, make-up, hair, cramming everything into an impractical pretty purse. Just ugh!
  • It's impractical. Not just the bag, but skirts that knock things over, blouses so tight you pop buttons when you try to reach into a cupboard, headbows that hit low ceilings, being unable to fit into a cubicle of a public toilet.
  • Other people are dicks. You will get stared at, laughed at, and abuse shouted at you. I'm uncomfortable around people anyway and was bullied through school for no apparent reason, I'd rather not give people ammunition or extra reason to harass me. Even when they're being nice it's a pain as I don't like talking to strangers, and people expect me to be as bright and happy as my clothing when I'm actually a grumpy sod who wants to be left alone! Oh, and they'll assume it's fine to touch your clothes because it's not like you're a person who deserves their own space or anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment