Wednesday 13 February 2013

Lolita 52 Challenge: Week 7

~ Why I wear lolita ~

This is an interesting question as it's something I don't really think about much.

When I started wearing lolita, I guess I just fell for the look. I'd never been into fashion before that, and while I looked like a total weeaboo trainwreck at first I think I've become much more fashion conscious because of it. As soon as I had financial freedom when I started uni I started buying the clothes. Wearing them set me apart from everyone else. I hadn't really made friends very well at uni, but at least everyone knew who I was haha. It helped me become more confident and care less about others thought, although I'm often still self-conscious I just get angry now instead of sad and power through it.

And just to embarrass myself:


Ugh cringing so hard! Proof that you can look like a total ass in brand. So weeb. My shame. (Also why can't I still be that size?!)

At the moment I don't wear lolita very much as it just seems like a lot of effort. However, I love going to meets as I don't get to see friends very often, and it is lolita that brought us together. I thought about quitting, but I didn't want to risk losing any of my friends or missing opportunities to make new ones!



Also if I wear it on a good day, my mood is much better than when I don't!

1 comment:

  1. I wasn't really into fashion until lolita either and I think that picture of you looks cute! I'm glad that you've been able to find great friends through the fashion!

    ReplyDelete