Tuesday 20 September 2016

The Cursed Child London

Near the end of June, me and Rob went for a short trip to London to see Harry Potter and the Cursed Child at the Palace Theatre. I'd never seen a non-musical play before, so I wasn't sure what to expect! We saw the parts on separate evenings, and I'm glad we did as I got restless enough as it was.


I'm not going to lie, I found the first part quite dull and spent the second half counting down the minutes until we could go get McDonald's. The magic effects were amazing though, despite some of the illusions not being so good for us since we were so high up (right at the back)! Can't really complain about the view though when it only cost £40 for two of us to see both parts.


The next day we walked to Oxford Street for a bit of shopping since we weren't able to book the Harry Potter Studio Tour. So sad they didn't have a huge Pinkie Pie like these Rarity ones, they were reduced to £50 and I definitely would have bought one (even though it would have been a struggle to carry it all the way back!).


We ended up having a late lunch/early dinner in a pub we found the day before before dropping our stuff back at the hostel on The Strand.


Then a quick change, and off to part two! Which was miles better, although it did feel a bit like bad fanfiction. Obviously I don't want to spoil the plot, but it centred on Albus Potter and Scorpius Malfoy and included lots of much-loved characters from the original series (including the sorting hat!).

We got badges after both parts, and the programme was a fiver. There were also house lanyards, stuffed owls, and a few other things for sale in the lobby.

The next day we had to leave before breakfast as our car parking expired at 8am, so we really didn't get much time in London at all. Somehow it took up 4-5 hours to get home, although we did stop for breakfast in a service station (where they tried to give me mushrooms which made me almost lose my appetite)!

Somehow I forgot to post this back at the start of July as I intended to add more photos, but eh just post haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment