Friday 1 April 2016

BMC: Fear and Clothing In Las Vegas + Restocks

As seems to often be the case, Fear and Clothing in las Vegas wasn't a release that appealed to me. However, there were a few black pieces...


While I still haven't worn my Velvet Black Wood Chucks, A Real Cool Cat Woodchucks have cats on, so it had to happen. These are the toastie material, and they don't seem to go sheer on the butt! I'm glad I didn't size up in the end. They're actually a little loose on the waist, so I could have gotten away with sizing down. I think I'll probably wear them mostly with the straps down though as they look a little odd to me!


The Counterculture Leggings fit me a bit oddly due to my short legs, and they definitely don't look the same on me as they do on the model. But they are awesome. The zips open too! There are actually 3 different fabrics on them.


Route 66 Shorties appealed to me as they're a great basic. However due to the stiffness of the vinyl, they do sit a little oddly. I have too much fabric in the front middle, which makes me feel like maybe I should have sized down for them. Also despite the description referencing the desert, I feel these are more of a winter piece as the vinyl waistband would be sweaty and the liner is fleecy!

A long awaited restock occurred the week after this release, so I ended up getting a few more bits this month as well.


The Tartan Punk Ryder Dress has a tartan that was only previously released on pieces in the US (although it gets an IOD next month!). I wasn't sure which size to get as it's made of toastie fabric, but since the crop of the same cut was so tiny I didn't size down like I usually need to in bodycons. I think this was a wise move. I'm pleasantly surprised by the print and fabric...usually toastie leggings go quite white on my butt due to stretching, but this fabric is fine! Maybe they improved it, since the woodchucks were also good for this. It does bunch at the sides a bit on my hips, but hoping flattening the seams and wearing tights underneath will improve it.


I somehow missed The Mullet Crop previously, I have a feeling I thought it was a museum piece! I intended to use it with leggings but the front is maybe cut a bit too high to reveal too much stomach. The back is dropped, which maybe makes it look a bit odd with skirts though. But over bodycons and high-waisted shorts should be perfect! It's such a soft piece too.


Even though I haven't sold my XS yet, I got the Dark Moth Ryder Crop again in a bigger size. I think it's still too small to wear over dresses which is a shame, but I didn't want to go up to an M! It fits a lot better but is still a bit uncomfortable around the neck and tight across the bust, but any bigger would have been loose on the band as this one has a little bit of wriggle room as it is. Hopefully I can at least get some use out of this one!

I'm already super excited for the next release as it has the first IOD in it for a while. If I can't get my hands on it I'll be totally devastated though!

No comments:

Post a Comment