Monday 15 September 2014

Isle of Wight Adventures

Last week I went on holiday for the first time in forever! Aside from conventions, festivals, and lolita events, I haven't been on holiday for at least five years. This was also my first holiday with Rob finally. I'll try to keep this post short & be picky with photos, but I find it difficult! Full set can be found HERE.


We got the ferry bright and early on the Saturday, which was also Rob's birthday! There was a cute dog on the ferry (it was on our one back too, oddly), and when we got there we just unpacked and went grocery shopping and that was about it. Laziness rules all.


Our chalet was on the Brambles Chine site near Freshwater, and I thought it was cute!


On Sunday we went for a few little walks. Firstly through Fort Victoria to Yarmouth (where we bought the yummiest local baby plum tomatoes!)...


...And then later to Totland for chips and to watch the sun set. Was shocked to find that the main route had fallen into the sea thanks to a landslide, so we had to go the back way which was a shame!


On Monday we went to the Needles Park for a potter about. We tried a 'prize every time' claw machine & our prize got stuck, nooooo! But we got good views of the Needles from the Needles Battery.

We Sandown the next day and just sunbathed, read our books, ate chips and the best curry sauce ever from Fat Harry's, and then walked along the beach to Shanklin for some yummy ice creams!


We went to Amazon World on the Wednesday since we had Tesco vouchers to allow us in for free. Since last time I went they got red pandas! The hummingbirds seems to have disappeared though, which is a shame. We started watching Spaced when we got back, and I enjoyed it a lot more than I was expecting!

Thursday took us first to Cowes where we found that the shop that used to sell loads of trading cards now stock only crappy records. The weather wasn't even sunny enough to go for a walk or anything! So we hopped over to Ryde where we didn't fare much better. Had yummy gourmet burgers in Wetherspoons as we weren't feeling adventurous, and walked to see the swans, and that was about it. Finished Spaced that evening, I guess? Haha.


We went shopping in Newport on Friday where we bought nothing but hot fresh doughnuts. We ended up going back for dinner at the Bargeman's Rest though, and it was so good!


We had to go home on Saturday which sucked as I didn't ever want to leave, but we had time to visit West Wight Alpacas before catching our ferry! Lots of alpacas and ducks and chickens and a few llamas. Loved it!

As much as I really want to go on holiday again soon, I gained like 10lbs. So perhaps I should leave it a few years, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment